Redhawks of the Week: Sophomore Greta Taraseviciute

Greta+Taraseviciute+is+one+of+this+weeks+Redhawks+of+the+Week.+Every+day%2C+she+keeps+a+positive+outlook+on+life+and+makes+sure+to+smile.+She+loves+making+other+peoples+days+and+meeting+new+friends.+Greta+pushes+herself+to+take+challenging+honors+classes+and+performs+her+best.+

Greta Taraseviciute is one of this week’s Redhawks of the Week. Every day, she keeps a positive outlook on life and makes sure to smile. She loves making other people’s days and meeting new friends. Greta pushes herself to take challenging honors classes and performs her best.

Emily Zhen, Managing Editor, Opinions Columnist

1. What are your post high school plans?

I plan to go to college, get a job as either a detective, psychiatrist, or something in the fashion merchandising field.

2. What are you passions and interests? What activities are you involved in at school and outside of school?

I am not involved in many activities at Naperville Central. I am only in French club and I am scheduled for an interview to become a FMP leader, which I am really excited for! Outside of school, I do dance and I play the piano. I just love to talk to people and make them happy, if anyone has a problem they can come to me because I love to listen and help them with their problems! It really makes me happy when I know I made someone’s day or I at least made them smile, because if they’re happy then I am happy!

3. What are you most proud of? 

I am really proud of how I challenge myself to take harder classes. I remember freshmen year was my first time taking an honors class, and I didn’t do too well but I didn’t give up and I tried this year again. I am taking honors English and AP government. I am still pushing my self and I am doing a lot better. I never want to give up because I know that I can push myself to do it and achieve it!

4. What is your life dream? 

My life dream is to get a job that I love and make a big family. I want to travel the world and at least once go to a ACDC concert.

5. What is something about you that you would like other Redhawks to know about you?

I am a friendly person! If you need a friend, i am here. If you need advice, I am here! I love meeting new friends and I love to talk to everyone. I am also very nice and funny! So if you love to laugh, we can be best friends.

6. Favorite high school memory?

My favorite memory probably would be freshman year when I went to Homecoming and I fell down on the floor because I tripped on something with my heels. Everyone saw and it was embarrassing but I thought it was funny.

7. Favorite joke or favorite inspirational quote

“If we couldn’t laugh, we would all go insane.” -Robert Frost

I really like this quote because I love to be happy! Even if I am having a bad day, all I do is smile and it makes everything better. If I don’t laugh at least once per day, then I think I will actually go insane.

8. What is something you can’t live without?

I can’t live without my family; they mean the world to me. My parents try so hard to give me anything I want. I can talk to them about anything and i absolutely love my little sister and I am so happy I have one. They are the ones that make me happy in life and I would be lost without them.

9. What are three adjectives you would use to describe yourself?

Funny, determined and odd.

10. If your life were a movie, what would be the title?

“The Unusual Girl”

11. Who is your biggest hero or role model and why?

I would say Britney Spears because she is such a great singer; she never gave up on her career. I know that she had some bad times but we all do. She showed people that she can change and she is at the top again! I liked her since I was little and till now because she inspires me to be myself and never give up in life.

12. What is a motto you live your life by?

Laugh and eat flaming hot Cheetos

As a staff, the Central Times strives to recognize the accomplishments, talents, personalities, ambitions and dreams of the diverse student body. Each week, the Central Times will interview an outstanding Central student from each grade level and then feature these students on our website, centraltimes.org, as Redhawks of the Week. These students are nominated by their peers. If you wish to nominate an outstanding Central student for Redhawks of the Week, please tweet the student’s name and grade to @centraltimes, message the Central Times on Facebook, or submit your nomination during school to Room 218, the Central Times office.