• December 6JKB gift card collection for Ronald McDonald House. Drop off during lunches on Tues. & Thurs. in café or rm 203.

• December 6Link Leader yearbook photos on Wed, Dec. 7th during your lunch. Meet by the attendance office.

• December 6Netflix Club will meet Thurs. after school in rm. 42 to watch Disney movies.

• December 6JSA a political debate club meets on Thursdays after school in room 236.

• December 6There will be a girls softball informational meeting Tuesday at 7:20am in room 301.

• December 6There will be a yearbook informational meeting in room 216 Tuesday before OR after school in rm 216.

• December 6Senior Panoramic Photo Wed, Dec. 14th 2nd hour in main gym. Order forms available next week at senior exits & Activities.

• December 6Spring Musical, the Addams Family, auditions & informational workshop on Mon, Dec.12th in the choir room from 3:30-4pm.

• December 6Truth Seekers meets Friday after school in room 207. This is wild card Friday, so bring your own topic.

• December 6Theatre Central will meet this Wednesday after school in the auditorium.

• December 6GEMS will meet Thursday after school in rm. 34. Ms. Eier will talk about engineering at Molex.

• December 6Freshman, join your Link Leaders' “Cocoa & Cram” sessions on Thurs. & next Tues. Meet outside of rm 100.

• December 6Join Mickey Mouse Club before school thru Wednesday in rm. 221 to watch Lilo and Stitch.

• December 6Spanish Club will watch Elf on Tuesday after school in room 102. Bring a snack to share.

• December 6NCHS Show Choir Audition Workshops will be Friday, Dec. 16th 3:30-6pm and Monday, Dec. 19th 3:30-5pm in the Choir Room.

• December 5Holiday Spirit Week – 12th-16th, Mon: Pj Day, Tues: White Out, Wed: Tacky Sweater Day, Thurs: Scarf & Socks, Fri: Candy Cane Day

• December 5TC presents Junie B. Jones in “Jingle Bells Batman Smells” Thurs. 7:30pm and Fri. and Sat. at 8pm. Tickets $5.00 each.

• December 5Holiday Toy Drive ends Dec. 13th. Drop off new toys valued at $10 - $20 in Activities, Main Office, or the Leaning Commons.

Staff-student basketball game raises money for Ronald McDonald House

Lindsey Pruett, Opinions Editor

“I told my class of seniors that I really wanted them to get involved second semester and do things out of their comfort zone—and if they did, then I would.”

Keeping her promise, Megan Plackett, a communication arts teacher and learning support coach at Central, played in the annual staff/student basketball game for the first time.

Plackett graduated from Central in 1997 as a captain on the girls’ basketball team. She has not played since, but was still looking forward to participating.

“I think it is a fun camaraderie between staff and students,” Plackett said. “It’s a fun, different level of connection to explore. It’s all in good fun… and for a good cause.”

The staff/student basketball game is a charity event that is organized by Red Rage, Central’s pep club, and was originally started by Todd Holmberg. A new foundation is chosen each year by the members and nearly $3,000 was raised from the game on March 8, surpassing the $2,500 goal. The proceeds will go to benefit the Ronald McDonald Family Room at Edward Hospital.

“You can see the amount of money that you [helped] raise and that it’s going to a good cause,” junior Red Rage member Allea Noren said.

For the 15th annual game, there were about 80 students and 20 teachers participating and performances from Poms and Urban Arts Club.

“I really like this event because it is school-wide and we invite different groups [to participate],” Barbara Watson, sponsor of Red Rage said.

Red Rage members asked for donations to be offered in a raffle with prizes from Pinstripes, Top Golf, Wings and Rings and more.

“Even if you’re not a part of the club or a team that’s putting it on, even if you just go, you are giving back to the community,” Noren said.

This year, Red Rage partnered with Special Spaces, a club that provides rooms for kids going through treatment.