• December 6JKB gift card collection for Ronald McDonald House. Drop off during lunches on Tues. & Thurs. in café or rm 203.

• December 6Link Leader yearbook photos on Wed, Dec. 7th during your lunch. Meet by the attendance office.

• December 6Netflix Club will meet Thurs. after school in rm. 42 to watch Disney movies.

• December 6JSA a political debate club meets on Thursdays after school in room 236.

• December 6There will be a girls softball informational meeting Tuesday at 7:20am in room 301.

• December 6There will be a yearbook informational meeting in room 216 Tuesday before OR after school in rm 216.

• December 6Senior Panoramic Photo Wed, Dec. 14th 2nd hour in main gym. Order forms available next week at senior exits & Activities.

• December 6Spring Musical, the Addams Family, auditions & informational workshop on Mon, Dec.12th in the choir room from 3:30-4pm.

• December 6Truth Seekers meets Friday after school in room 207. This is wild card Friday, so bring your own topic.

• December 6Theatre Central will meet this Wednesday after school in the auditorium.

• December 6GEMS will meet Thursday after school in rm. 34. Ms. Eier will talk about engineering at Molex.

• December 6Freshman, join your Link Leaders' “Cocoa & Cram” sessions on Thurs. & next Tues. Meet outside of rm 100.

• December 6Join Mickey Mouse Club before school thru Wednesday in rm. 221 to watch Lilo and Stitch.

• December 6Spanish Club will watch Elf on Tuesday after school in room 102. Bring a snack to share.

• December 6NCHS Show Choir Audition Workshops will be Friday, Dec. 16th 3:30-6pm and Monday, Dec. 19th 3:30-5pm in the Choir Room.

• December 5Holiday Spirit Week – 12th-16th, Mon: Pj Day, Tues: White Out, Wed: Tacky Sweater Day, Thurs: Scarf & Socks, Fri: Candy Cane Day

• December 5TC presents Junie B. Jones in “Jingle Bells Batman Smells” Thurs. 7:30pm and Fri. and Sat. at 8pm. Tickets $5.00 each.

• December 5Holiday Toy Drive ends Dec. 13th. Drop off new toys valued at $10 - $20 in Activities, Main Office, or the Leaning Commons.

New French Honors Society members inducted

Alana Cervera, Staff Writer

Twenty-three students were inducted into the National French Honors Society on March 1 in the Little Theatre. Students recited the motto of the club, “Le Courage est récompensé,” meaning courage is rewarded. As their names were called, students walked across the stage and received their certificates from foreign language teachers Deniece Zinnecker and Jeremy Whitt.

Students had to take several steps in order to be inducted.

“[First,] there was an application to fill out,” Whitt said. “[The students had to meet] the requirements [of] having 4 to 5 semesters of French with an A, an overall GPA of 3.0, to try to make it to French Club and continue to the next level [of French].”

Whitt emphasized the importance of French Honor Society.

“[French Honors Society] promotes the language and encourages [involvement] in the language,” Whitt said. “It gives students another reason […] to continue to take French and continue with their studies. A lot of times colleges and universities want to see different honors societies/clubs. They want to see you doing things outside the classroom. [And] having it in your back pocket is something nice [to have.]”

James Fleming, a sophomore, thinks joining French Honors Society will benefit his high school career.

“It will improve my understanding of French,” Fleming said. “It [gives me] more opportunities [to participate in] French and the school.”

Michelle Yuan, a sophomore, says her passion for French is why she joined French Honors Society.

“I like the fact that I’m able to communicate with people of a different culture,” Yuan said. “And I like how it sounds. It’s a really pretty language. It will help me [broaden] my French experiences and […] improve my French speaking/learning skills by helping others improve theirs.”