March Madness Bracket Challenge

Photo from Squaremadness.com

With March comes the best type of season. No, I’m not talking about Spring. I’m talking about college basketball season. March Madness is slated to begin its Round of 64 on March 21. People are rushing to make the perfect bracket that predicts the outcome of every single game. I even have done so.

So in the spirit of the season (and also since I’m a massive sports nerd), I have created a bracket and am looking to find someone with the most accurate bracket out there.

You can email your brackets to [email protected] or find me in person in the hallway. As long as you submit the bracket before games start tomorrow, you are eligible for the challenge. The winner will get a recognition tweet from the Central Times Twitter and bragging rights for the entire year.

But to get started, I have three brackets ready to go.

First off, I have my own bracket I spent days studying upon and trying to perfect. This is what I got.

Couple notable picks on my bracket. I only send my future school, Missouri, past the first round. I also have Marquette upset by Davidson and Gonzaga not reaching the Final Four. I have chosen Louisville

Another bracket to look at is one made by Sports Editor Peter Mandich.

As seen with Peter’s bracket, he has Michigan, the four seed in the South region, winning it all. Peter, unlike me, thinks that Gonzaga will make it all the way to the Final Four. Kansas, on Peter’s bracket, will also be eliminated by Michigan in the Sweet 16. Peter’s future school, Villanova, also only gets past the Round of 64.

And just for kicks, I had my mom fill out a bracket.

My mom filled out this bracket with no knowledge of college sports, or even sports in general. She sends Montana into the Sweet 16 past Syracuse and UNLV. She also sends Akron into the Sweet 16 past Michigan and VCU. For some reason, I feel like she is secretly a sports genius.

How will you fair against the three of us? Let us see by sending in your brackets. Remember, the winner will get recognition on Twitter for it.

May the best bracket win.