• Esports club Friday

• Senior Party on Feb 23

• ST. BALDRICK'S COMING MARCH 6th

Central football jersey provider switches from Nike to Under Armour

Back to Article
Back to Article

(left to right) Seniors AJ Deinhart, Tommy Coyne, Braden Lindmark and Mike
Oliver show off their new jerseys at the Sept. 8 home game v. Metea Valley. Central won 55-7.

(left to right) Seniors AJ Deinhart, Tommy Coyne, Braden Lindmark and Mike Oliver show off their new jerseys at the Sept. 8 home game v. Metea Valley. Central won 55-7.

Sam Wichhart

Sam Wichhart

Sam Wichhart

Riddhi Andurkar, Managing Editor

Central’s football team recently purchased new jerseys from Under Armour for the 2017 season.

Before the 2017 season, Central’s football team purchased jerseys from Nike.

There was a rumor circulating through the student body that Nike stopped sponsoring the football team due to the team’s poor performance last season.

However, this rumor is incorrect, since the football team raises money to purchase new jerseys.

“The team was due for new jerseys and Under Armour was a better deal and was more economically sound,” Athletic Director Andy Lutzenkirchen said.

Central’s football team raises money to replace old jerseys every two or three years. Senior and varsity football player Joel Deutsch believes that while purchasing the jerseys was a good decision, the sizing was not accurate.

“I think the new jerseys look spectacular on the field,” Deutsch said. “Personally, wearing them at school on Fridays is very difficult because they are very tight.”

There has been a similar response from the rest of the team, according to Deutsch.

“Our team thinks they look awesome and appreciates the resources put into them,” Deutsch said.

About the Contributors
Riddhi Andurkar, Managing Editor, Features Columnist

Riddhi Andurkar is a senior and it is her second year on the Central Times Editorial Board. She is the Managing Editor and Features Columnist. Outside...

Sam Wichhart, Focus Editor

Sam Wichhart is a senior at Naperville Central and is enrolled in his second-year on the Central Times staff. He has been a Photographer and Focus Page...