Support Us
$50
$500

Your donation will support the student journalists of the Central Times by helping to fund their monthly print issues.

Recent Tweets
Instagram posts
Weather Central

• 10 AM
    65 °
  • 11 AM
    66 °
  • 12 PM
    68 °
  • 1 PM
    69 °
  • 2 PM
    70 °
  • 3 PM
    71 °
  • 4 PM
    70 °
  • 5 PM
    70 °
  • 6 PM
    69 °
  • 7 PM
    68 °
  • 8 PM
    67 °
  • 9 PM
    65 °
  • 10 PM
    65 °
  • 11 PM
    65 °
  • 12 AM
    64 °
  • 1 AM
    62 °
  • 2 AM
    61 °
  • 3 AM
    60 °
  • 4 AM
    59 °
  • 5 AM
    59 °
  • 6 AM
    59 °
  • 7 AM
    60 °
  • 8 AM
    61 °
  • 9 AM
    62 °
  • 10 AM
    63 °
April 28
71°/ 62°
Heavy rain
April 29
69°/ 52°
Moderate rain
April 30
70°/ 46°
Sunny

Column: StampyLongHead: Father to all

Helllllllllllllooooooo, this is Javen and welcome to another installation of my lovely column.

In most of my columns I criticize celebrities or the people lambasting them, but this time I decided we should celebrate one.

YouTuber Stampylonghead—the godfather of Minecraft — has officially ended his “Lovely World” series after 823 episodes.

These magical episodes would consist of Stampy Cat building new attractions for his world, playing games with his “helpers,” or fighting off the evil HitTheTarget character.

This series was like “The Brady Bunch” for a whole generation of kids, helping them grow up in the 2010s.

But what made this series truly special for its time was its infinitely rich themes and stories.

Unlike many on YouTube during that time, Stampy made the important decision to keep the videos family-friendly. Whenever he lost while playing a mini-game, he never reacted with anger. Instead he would always say, “We’ll get them next time.”

Simple phrases like this go a long way when developing children are in the audience. Thousands of children learned good sportsmanship from a kind, graceful cat.

Stampy’s love garden helped teach compassion and love. The love garden was a place where, each episode, he would induct a new person who showed their love for the series in some way. Many times people would get their name added for creating fan art that stood out to the caring cat. In a desolate world with so much hate, Stampy always reminded the audience to focus on love. He showed children to care for each other rather than break others down.

He also demonstrated his kindness through his decade-long war with HitTheTarget. No matter how many times HitTheTarget tried to purloin his dogs or overtake his lovely world, Stampy always offered a path to redemption.

Even through the very last moments of the series, he still gave one last message to his fans, arguably one of the most important ones. In his final episode, HitTheTarget steals Stampy’s favorite dog Barnaby and wickedly threatens to drop the defenseless dog into a pool of sizzling hot lava.

Instead of letting his companion die, Stampy selflessly offers his world as an exchange. After over a decade, the world everyone watched develop was gone. It was no longer Stampy’s lovely world.

But in that was his most important message. One so intricately crafted it belongs in a Shakespearean museum or alongside the greats like Ernest Hemingway and F. Scott Fitzgerald.

No matter what happens in life you will always have your memories. In a beautifully poetic way, the end of the series represents his audience: one that grew up adoring the series and then returned years later to relive the memories of childhood. Although the series has ended, everyone still has the memories of growing up with the series. All good things, even ones as extraordinary as Stampy’s Lovely World, must come to an end.