Intro to Business classes compete for the best burger

With summer fast approaching and school drawing to a close, Central’s Intro to Business students still have one more project to complete. The students have teamed up with Tom and Eddie’s restaurant, a small chain that has opened establishments in five different Illinois towns, including Naperville, and each class has created their own burger to market. The idea of the project, according to CTE instructor Christine Bell, is for the students to use the four “P’s” of marketing; they create the product, choose a place to sell it, price it and promote it.

On May 16 from 5 to 9 p.m. the Naperville Tom and Eddie’s will be selling each of the four classes’ burgers and they will compete to see who sells the most of their masterpiece. The Central community is encouraged to go because 10 percent of the proceeds will be donated to the school. Bell provided a description of each burger to be sold.

The Burrito Burger is made with cheddar cheese, fresh avocado, salsa, tomatoes, lettuce, black beans and chipotle mayonnaise. It costs $7.99.  Customers can show support for this burger by liking their Facebook page, NCHS Burrito Burger, and twitter, @NCHSBurritoBurger.

The Chicago Style Burger features pickles, green relish, cheese, onions, tomato, pepperchinis and mustard for only $7.49.

The Taco ‘bout a Good Burger has sour cream, guacamole, tortilla chips and Chihuahua cheese. The cost is $7.99 and this burger’s twitter is @Tom_and_Eddies.

The Viking Burger boasts haystack onions, avocado, Tabasco sauce, pepper jack cheese and a fried egg for $7.99.