Central students react to “Snowmageddon” of 2014

This morning Central students were notified that the first day of second semester would be cancelled due to life-threatening weather conditions, extending winter break one more day. Some Redhawk twitter users were skeptical, but also hopeful, that District 203 would end up cancelling school.

imageimageimageimageimage

Once Central twitter users were privy to the cancellation of class on Monday, there were mixed reactions. Some students were thrilled:

imageimageimageimageimage

The day off is particularly exciting to the senior class, as they will not have to attend the make-up day at the end of the school year.

image imageimage

Juniors Julie Good and Haley Minick and seniors Bella Korsgard and Jeni Kane explained their approval of the cold/snow day in the form of pictures:

imageimage

One of the popular ways students are planning to spend their extra day off is by watching television, especially via Netflix:

imageimageimage

But not everyone was thrilled with the abundant snowfall and bone-chilling temperatures, or even with the day off from school as well as the cancellation of extracurricular activities.

imageimageimageimage  imageimage

Regardless of opinion, there were many tweets on the newsfeeds of Central students about the outdoor conditions.

imageimageimageimageimageimage

Seniors Courtney Giebel and Julia Lerman were faced with problems when it came to properly dressing for the cold.

imageimage

Senior Andy Shahidehpour was more concerned with the animals braving the conditions outside.

image

Junior Katie Schelli and sophomore Tiffany Chen were having trouble driving on the snowy roads to get to practice.

imageimage

Seniors Jillian Murphy, Kali Jachcinski and Wendy Wainscott seemed distressed about clearing the snow out of their driveways.

imageimageimage

As break comes to an end, there are many ways to spend the last moments of freedom. Seniors Maggie Gleason, Kristina Altuve and Amber DeGroote had ideas of their own.

imageimageimage

Have a fun and safe rest of break Redhawks!

Editor-in-Chief Shelbey Vandenbroucke contributed to this story.