Top 10 most anticipated movies of 2014

10. “Divergent”  – March 21, 2014

Teenagers around the country have read the popular science fiction novel by Veronica Roth and are now itching to watch the film version featuring Shailene Woodley as Tris. In a futuristic society that categorizes citizens into distinct groups, Tris finds that she is incapable of fitting into any group and in danger when the authoritarian leader attempts to eradicate her kind.

9. “The Other Woman” – April 25, 2014

Three women meet after discovering they’re all being played by the same guy and plan to take revenge on him. The comedy includes Kate Upton, Cameron Diaz and Leslie Mann at the beach and features slow-mos of Upton in a bikini.

8. “Dawn of the Planet of the Apes” – July 11, 2014

After the development of genetically advanced apes in the first movie, “Rise of the Planet of the Apes,” this new sequel continues the story of ape leader Caesar a decade after a deadly virus struck millions of humans. Peace after the disease is brief when the conflict between apes and humans increases into war.

7. “Legends of Oz: Dorothy’s Return” – May 9, 2014

For all the Wizard of Oz lovers out there, this animated film, featuring Lea Michele, follows Dorothy Gale’s trip back home after her first visit to Oz. On her trip back to Oz, she finds her friends, Scarecrow, Lion and Tin Man, have vanished. Dorothy must find new friends to destroy the new villain, Jester, who has brought havoc into the magical city of Oz.

6. “Fury” – Nov. 14, 2014

Fighting during the end of War World II, American soldiers, played by Brad Pitt, Logan Lerman and Shia LaBeaof, embark on a deadly mission into Nazi Germany.

5. “Transformers 4: Age of Extinction” – June 27, 2014

Follow-up movies to “Transformers” never seem to end. After making a discovery, scientists attempt to bring down the Transformers, hopefully before an evil Transformer destroys the Earth. Sounds familiar.

4. “22 Jump Street” – June 13, 2014

They’re moving on up. Next door that is. Following the ever popular “21 Jump Street,” Officers Schmidt (Jonah Hill) and Jenko (Channing Tatum) are taken out of the chains of high school and go undercover into a crazier life: college.

3. “The Amazing Spiderman 2” – May 2, 2014

The second movie to the second remake of the famous Spider Man is finally coming out this spring. Not only will we be seeing more of Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone’s chemistry together, but also Garfield in skin tight suit for an hour or so. Oh, and Peter Parker fights more villains.

2. “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” – April 4, 2014

2014 might just be a year dominated by sequel movies and/or superhero themed films. The sequel to the first movie, “Captain America: The First Avenger,” that grossed $176 million, hopes to top the charts once again with “The Winter Soldier.” In the coming movie, Captain America seeks the help from the Black Widow and the Falcon to reveal to the conspiracy occurring in D.C as well as fight the unexpected enemy, the Winter Soldier, in an attempt to save the world.

1. “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1” – Nov. 21, 2014

Similar to other popular book-turned-into-movies, such as the Harry Potter Series and Twilight saga, that split the final novel into a two part movie, this year’s most anticipated movie is awarded to the third movie of the “Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part I.” Fans won’t even have to wait too long for the release, given the premiere is one day shy of a year from sequel “Catching Fire’s” release date, Nov. 22, 2013. Whether we will find out if the rebellion in districts of Panem will succeed with Katniss Everdeen, played by Jennifer Lawrence, at its lead or be crushed by the Capitol as it crushed rebellion once before, we’ll find out soon enough. Or maybe you could just read the book again.