October hallway headlines

1. Richton Park, Ill.
Chaos erupted on Sept. 30 when a fight broke out at Richton South High School following a bomb threat made that morning.
The bomb threat resulted in sending 1,400 students from Richton Central to Richton South for safety, according to ABC news. At South, ten students were then charged for causing “a major disturbance,” according to the police.
Before the fights broke out, someone pulled the fire alarm forcing all students at South outside.
“[Students] decided to get up and walk around the whole school and they were jumping on everyone’s cars,” Richton South student Laronica Wilborn said.
Fights between students of the rival schools began soon after. Three students were sent to the hospital after being trampled. A teacher and police officer were also injured after being hit in the face and knee, respectively.
Police are still reviewing the surveillance tapes and claim that more arrests may be made.

2. Anaheim Hills, Calif.
Haley Bullwinkle, a sophomore at Canyon High School, was forced to change her National Rifle Association T-shirt by school administrators. 
The shirt included a picture of a rifle and the slogan, “National Rifle Association of America, Protecting America’s Traditions Since 1871.”
According to her father, Haley was “confused and frightened” after being banned from wearing the shirt.
“I felt like they were violating my rights, my freedom of speech,” said Bullwinkle. “I want to be able to wear what I want to wear within reason.”
Bullwinkle’s parents felt the school was being hypocritical since the school’s mascot is a Comanche and its drill team twirls fake rifles in their routines.
Even the NRA is maddened by this action and has asked a lawyer to work with the Bullwinkle family on this issue.
The school first informed Bullwinkle’s parents that any clothing depicting violence is banned in school hallways but have since changed its statement now allowing Bullwinkle to wear her T-shirt.
3. Clinton Township, Mich.
Marshall Bruce Mathers III’s daughter, Hallie Scott, was recently crowned homecoming queen at Chippewa Valley High School.
As the daughter of the rapper Eminem, Scott is known for various tracks of her father’s, such as “Hallie’s Song” and “Mockingbird.” During her childhood, her father still made great efforts to conceal Scott from fame.
The news of the homecoming queen crowning of Eminem’s daughter immediately blew up on the internet. Fans and friends congratulated Scott through Twitter.