Fall play preview: “The Good Doctor”

Megan Mehta, Correspondent

It’s that time of year again. Theatre Central presents, “The Good Doctor”. A play that will give people “laughs, tears, and lots of enjoyment” said Tom Ulbrich, a sponsor for Theatre Central.

Ulbrich wanted to choose a play that would be entertaining for everyone.“This was the show that I opened up the auditorium with, the very first time that it opened, and I thought, well since it is going to be my last year, it would be a good show to end with.”, said Ulbrich.

“The Good Doctor” is a combination of small ones acts, that are based on the writings of the great Russian writer, Anton Chekhov. All of the small one acts, represent the writer’s block that Chekhov had, back in the day. Neil Simon added his own spin on Chekhov’s classic works, to make them more comical.

Although this play is mostly a comedy, there is still a balance when it comes to the types of scenes. “There are comedic places, there are some serious scenes. This play is really meant for anybody.” said Ulbrich.

Along with some good literature, there will be some technical surprises and some unique sets. Something new that Theatre Central has added this year is an silent auction. According to Mr. Ulbrich, “there will be some good stuff to bid on.”

Students can also support their fellow classmates. There are over 20 cast members. Watch them perform on stage, and “it’s cheaper than a movie!” said Ulbrich.

Showtimes are on November 3rd, 7:30pm, and November 4th and 5th, at 8:00 pm. Tickets are $5.00 a piece. Come support your fellow Redhawks!

“It’s gonna be a great time,” Ulbrich said.