$50
$500

60 °
    61 °
    61 °
    61 °
    61 °
    62 °
    63 °
    63 °
    64 °
    65 °
    66 °
    69 °
    71 °
    73 °
    74 °
    75 °
    74 °
    73 °
    71 °
    69 °
    68 °
    67 °
    66 °
    65 °
    64 °
April 27
76°/ 60°
Patchy rain nearby
April 28
73°/ 62°
April 29
65°/ 53°
Patchy rain nearby

D203 Executive Director of Communications leaves district for Hinsdale job

Photo Credit: Hinsdale Township High School District 86
Alex Mayster, D203 Executive Director of Communication, recently left the district for a new job in Hinsdale Township High School District 86.

Alex Mayster, Naperville 203’s Executive Director of Communication, will be leaving the district to assume a similar position at Hinsdale Township High School District 86.

Mayster’s last day as a District 203 employee was Friday, Feb. 16.

Mayster was hired by District 203 in September 2021, diving headfirst into leading the district’s communication team through the ever-changing landscape of post-COVID instruction throughout the district. 

“I’m proud that I was able to share the stories to open people’s eyes to what an education looks like here in Naperville,” Mayster said. “Being able to tell the stories of the kids, the students, the teachers and the leaders across the district and show the work that they do really has an impact.”

Mayster joined the district after previously leading communications at Evergreen Park School District 124 and Saint Patrick High School in Chicago.

“You hear about Naperville 203, people highly respect it,” Mayster said. “I immediately saw why that was. Getting into the buildings, building relationships with staff, our cabinet team, my communications team here and then branching out even into the schools. The people here are special, they’re good at their jobs. They care a lot about the kids.”

Central’s Principal, Jackie Thornton, has come to work with Mayster closely throughout her short tenure as principal.

“In times of crisis, he’s been a great help to me,” Thornton said. “I just think he was a really good person and a great guy and I’m really happy for him.”

District 86, Mayster’s new district, has 4,000 students across two high schools. 

Recently, the district has been the center of a firestorm of headlines including the ousting of a Superintendent last July, as well as the Interim Superintendent resigning in December. The former Director of Communications and Communications Coordinator left the district as well.

“I have loved my time here in Naperville,” Mayster said. “I have not not a single bad word to say about 203 or anybody who works here. I have to put my family first and my life first. It just worked out at this time for me to make this change.”