Theatre Central to perform fall play, ‘Almost, Maine’

almostmaine.com

Theatre Central’s winter play, “Almost, Maine,” will be shown from March 2-4.

Natalie Langan, Staff Writer

Theatre Central’s winter play, “Almost, Maine,” will be showing Mar. 2-4. The romantic-comedy follows many protagonists as they fall in and out of love in a town called Almost, Maine. 

Theatre Central Director, Susie Johnson, is excited to be putting on this production.

It’s a little bit absurdist, with almost fantasy-like elements,” Johnson said. “I’m very excited to have it all come together and the students are doing great.”

Sophomore Claire Osborn plays both a Waitress and Ginette, a live-in-the-moment girl dating Pete, an honest guy who does not realize Ginette wants to take their relationship to the next level.

The rehearsal process has been really strange because of the type of show it is,” Osborn said. “There are 9 different couples and each couple has their own scene. Because of this, there isn’t a lot of interaction with the other couples in other scenes, so it hasn’t been like other shows where there’s a strong connection with the cast.”

Johnson is happy that many students are provided the opportunity to play more than one character in the show.

You’ll see the same cast do Thursday night and Saturday [night’s shows,] but if you come on Friday night or Saturday matinee, you’re gonna see the same 16 people, but most are going to be playing different roles,” Johnson said.

To see the show, purchase tickets at tinyurl.com/TCAlmostMaine23, or at the box office on a show night. Tickets are $5.00 for students, and $10.00 for adults.