Fire alarm set off at Central after students see sparks and smoke


Jay Deegan

Fire fighters were called after a fire alarm went off at Naperville Central on Jan. 17.

Jake Pfeiffer and Jay Deegan

A fire alarm was pulled in Naperville Central’s field house after members of the girls track team saw sparks and smoke coming from an electrical box on the ceiling, according to Principal Jackie Thornton.

The alarm went off a few minutes before 4:30 p.m. on Jan. 17, meaning the school day had already ended.

Multiple fire department vehicles were called to the scene. Several police officers were also at the school.

Students were allowed back in the building shortly after the fire department arrived.