• December 6JKB gift card collection for Ronald McDonald House. Drop off during lunches on Tues. & Thurs. in café or rm 203.

• December 6Link Leader yearbook photos on Wed, Dec. 7th during your lunch. Meet by the attendance office.

• December 6Netflix Club will meet Thurs. after school in rm. 42 to watch Disney movies.

• December 6JSA a political debate club meets on Thursdays after school in room 236.

• December 6There will be a girls softball informational meeting Tuesday at 7:20am in room 301.

• December 6There will be a yearbook informational meeting in room 216 Tuesday before OR after school in rm 216.

• December 6Senior Panoramic Photo Wed, Dec. 14th 2nd hour in main gym. Order forms available next week at senior exits & Activities.

• December 6Spring Musical, the Addams Family, auditions & informational workshop on Mon, Dec.12th in the choir room from 3:30-4pm.

• December 6Truth Seekers meets Friday after school in room 207. This is wild card Friday, so bring your own topic.

• December 6Theatre Central will meet this Wednesday after school in the auditorium.

• December 6GEMS will meet Thursday after school in rm. 34. Ms. Eier will talk about engineering at Molex.

• December 6Freshman, join your Link Leaders' “Cocoa & Cram” sessions on Thurs. & next Tues. Meet outside of rm 100.

• December 6Join Mickey Mouse Club before school thru Wednesday in rm. 221 to watch Lilo and Stitch.

• December 6Spanish Club will watch Elf on Tuesday after school in room 102. Bring a snack to share.

• December 6NCHS Show Choir Audition Workshops will be Friday, Dec. 16th 3:30-6pm and Monday, Dec. 19th 3:30-5pm in the Choir Room.

• December 5Holiday Spirit Week – 12th-16th, Mon: Pj Day, Tues: White Out, Wed: Tacky Sweater Day, Thurs: Scarf & Socks, Fri: Candy Cane Day

• December 5TC presents Junie B. Jones in “Jingle Bells Batman Smells” Thurs. 7:30pm and Fri. and Sat. at 8pm. Tickets $5.00 each.

• December 5Holiday Toy Drive ends Dec. 13th. Drop off new toys valued at $10 - $20 in Activities, Main Office, or the Leaning Commons.

New businesses occupy Water Street

SHOPPING SOUTHERN: Shoppers browse Southern Tide’s clothes, located near Hotel Indigo.

The Chicago Tribune

The Chicago Tribune

Zain Habib, Staff Writer and Co-Business Manager

As Naperville moves closer to the full opening of the newly constructed Water Street District, more and more businesses are taking up residence in the complex managed by Marquette Companies.

After 10 years spent working on the project, the company is gearing up to celebrate the opening of the highly anticipated development.

The Hotel Indigo occupies the  upper levels of the complex. The 148-room luxury boutique hotel had a limited opening back in November. The entire facility is functional and open for reservations.

The Elements at Water Street, the banquet halls attached to the hotel, are already booked with events, including 80 weddings throughout the year.

Doug Kelly, Director of Sales and Marketing, is excited for the potential business opportunities the centralized location of the hotel brings.

“There’s a lot of different markets this hotel is going to reach,” Kelly said. “From business travelers to weddings to stay-cationers, this hotel appeals to a lot of different clients.”

The Indigo brand is focused on local culture. This particular hotel features all things Naperville. From murals of Naperville streets, to fresh chocolate from Naper Nuts and Sweets, all the food is locally sourced from nearby farmers, and the lobby design is reflects the downtown scenery.

Although the hotel is the main attraction of the complex, many other foreign businesses are setting up shop in Naperville for the first time as well. Southern Tide, a southern style fashion brand based in South Carolina, opened its first signature shop in the Midwest.

This new location is the only one outside of its home state of South Carolina.

Store manager Rachel Wiencek is excited about the growing awareness of the brand in large metropolitan areas like Naperville.

“The brand Southern Tide really appeals to a lot of the demographics that Naperville has to offer,” Wiencek said. “From trendy young adults to older people who are looking for something comfortable to wear, everyone has something here.”

Many more brands are set to move into the new Water Street District in the coming months. Boutique retailer London Skye looks to open up shop in the next month. A wine bar by the name of 64 is opening in May. It is owned and operated by the same owners of the Southern Tide store.

Additionally, another sushi bar by the name of Blue Sushi Sake Grill will venture into Naperville.

Lastly, a Mexican bistro occupies the corner plot of the district. The Bien Trucha Group operates the newly opened Quiubo.

Senior Matt Davenport is happy new stores are moving into town.

“These new restaurants and clothing stores are making Naperville even better,” Davenport said.