• December 6JKB gift card collection for Ronald McDonald House. Drop off during lunches on Tues. & Thurs. in café or rm 203.

• December 6Link Leader yearbook photos on Wed, Dec. 7th during your lunch. Meet by the attendance office.

• December 6Netflix Club will meet Thurs. after school in rm. 42 to watch Disney movies.

• December 6JSA a political debate club meets on Thursdays after school in room 236.

• December 6There will be a girls softball informational meeting Tuesday at 7:20am in room 301.

• December 6There will be a yearbook informational meeting in room 216 Tuesday before OR after school in rm 216.

• December 6Senior Panoramic Photo Wed, Dec. 14th 2nd hour in main gym. Order forms available next week at senior exits & Activities.

• December 6Spring Musical, the Addams Family, auditions & informational workshop on Mon, Dec.12th in the choir room from 3:30-4pm.

• December 6Truth Seekers meets Friday after school in room 207. This is wild card Friday, so bring your own topic.

• December 6Theatre Central will meet this Wednesday after school in the auditorium.

• December 6GEMS will meet Thursday after school in rm. 34. Ms. Eier will talk about engineering at Molex.

• December 6Freshman, join your Link Leaders' “Cocoa & Cram” sessions on Thurs. & next Tues. Meet outside of rm 100.

• December 6Join Mickey Mouse Club before school thru Wednesday in rm. 221 to watch Lilo and Stitch.

• December 6Spanish Club will watch Elf on Tuesday after school in room 102. Bring a snack to share.

• December 6NCHS Show Choir Audition Workshops will be Friday, Dec. 16th 3:30-6pm and Monday, Dec. 19th 3:30-5pm in the Choir Room.

• December 5Holiday Spirit Week – 12th-16th, Mon: Pj Day, Tues: White Out, Wed: Tacky Sweater Day, Thurs: Scarf & Socks, Fri: Candy Cane Day

• December 5TC presents Junie B. Jones in “Jingle Bells Batman Smells” Thurs. 7:30pm and Fri. and Sat. at 8pm. Tickets $5.00 each.

• December 5Holiday Toy Drive ends Dec. 13th. Drop off new toys valued at $10 - $20 in Activities, Main Office, or the Leaning Commons.

Film Review: ‘A Dog’s Purpose’

Alana Cervera, Staff Writer

For all the dog lovers out there, this movie is for you. Based on the book by W.Bruce Cameron, this family-friendly, comedic film brings out the best in us and our pets.

The story follows Bailey (voice of Josh Gad), a golden retriever who is utterly devoted to his owner, Ethan (played by KJ Apa and Dennis Quaid). Growing up, the two of them are inseparable and do everything together. The movie spans the life of Ethan, while Bailey takes the place of other dogs in his lifetime. Bailey lives many lives throughout the movie, some good and some bad. He takes a new name each time and becomes a family dog, police dog, an abandoned pup, and somehow makes his way back to his original owner.

Because Bailey is narrating the film, the audience thoroughly enjoys hearing his thoughts as a dog rather than a human. Kids and adults love the cute humor and cannot get enough of him. This is one of the best parts of the film because it showcases his devotion to Ethan. All throughout the movie, Baily continually looks for his first owner. His unwavering faithfulness to Ethan is something all dog owners can relate to.

The use of lighting and happy, upbeat music makes the film even better. The many sunny scenes add to the light heartedness of the film and theme of it. Along with Bailey’s animated voice, the cheerful music boosts the happy feelings of the audience. While the film has a very optimistic tone, there are some somber scenes.

Bailey goes through many tough times. From getting shot on duty and being abandoned, he longs to be reunited with Ethan. But, he never fails to cheer up his other owners. He continually talks about his duty as a dog and how he desperately wants to make his owners happy. His positivity is what really drives this film and makes it memorable.

With an engaging plot and amusing mood, this film is definitely one for the books. So, for all of you dog-owners and parents, this lively and joyful film is definitely one your family needs to see.