$50
$500

61 °
    61 °
    61 °
    61 °
    62 °
    63 °
    63 °
    64 °
    65 °
    66 °
    69 °
    71 °
    73 °
    74 °
    75 °
    74 °
    73 °
    71 °
    69 °
    68 °
    67 °
    66 °
    65 °
    64 °
    64 °
April 27
72°/ 59°
April 28
70°/ 62°
April 29
67°/ 57°
Patchy rain nearby

Column: Summer stupidity with half of YouTube

If you are like me and enjoy gawking at the downfalls of celebrities, this summer was crafted for you. It seemed like every YouTuber was caught doing something stupid.

Colleen Ballinger (known for her internet persona, Miranda Sings) started the summer by addressing allegations raised by former fans. When she was in her late 20s, Ballinger would talk in a groupchat with 14-16 year olds about sexual topics. In response, she sang her apology.

It’s hard to even talk about this apology video because of how absurd it is. This wackjob plays the ukelele in response to talking about sex and periods with minors. If you thought Logan Paul’s apology was the worst in the history of YouTube for recording a dead body, this blows it out of the water.

I have never seen someone’s career go down faster than hers. Ballinger would have been able to salvage her career before posting the mind-boggling apology. She dug her own grave when she put her apology/song on Apple Music and started copyright claiming other creators who reacted to the video. It was her last stand on the internet before getting completely canceled.

Now by contrast, the funniest part of the summer was arguably the IShowSpeed incident. On stream, YouTuberIShowSpeed was playing the new Five Nights at Freddy’s video game. When he was attacked by an animatronic chicken in the video game,  he started thrusting towards the screen multiple times. Shortly after, the viewers found out Speed was not wearing any underwear.

Much to his dismay, his anatomy came out of his shorts, on display for millions. Within minutes, the clip was blasted all over Twitter (Or X, or whatever Elon decides to call it next week), and #IShowMeat was trending. Videos on TikTok surfaced using mathematics to deduct the exact size of Speed’s weenie.

Now, I would like to say I feel bad for Speed since his family did have to bear witness to this unsightly event. However, I do have to wonder, did he have this coming? He was pretending to perform sexual acts on a video game robotic chicken. And he did this without underwear. It’s like he was begging to show off to his 14-year-old fan base. And to that fan base and anyone else who has seen that image, I’m sorry we all had to witness that.

xQc is the last YouTuber to grace the news this summer. He made strides mainly for reacting to content, not adding any reaction, and rarely giving any credit to the original creator. But this isn’t what I am concerned about. I can boohoo about how this was bad, but the worst thing to happen regarding xQc this summer was his room cleaning.

His room is so repulsive that he had to have maids come in to clean it. This so happened to be while he was streaming. There was so much trash and grime everywhere, he felt so ashamed that he stopped talking. He resorted to typing to the viewers, discussing how embarrassed he was.

xQc is a multimillionaire, the fact that he can’t clean his own room is pathetic. He is getting million-dollar deals, when the only deal he should be on is with Lifetime’s “Horders.”

Obviously, the main takeaway of this article should be that YouTubers are primitive human beings, destined to make mistakes so we can laugh at them.