Support Us
$50
$500

Your donation will support the student journalists of the Central Times by helping to fund their monthly print issues.

Recent Tweets
Instagram posts
Weather Central

• 4 AM
    61 °
  • 5 AM
    61 °
  • 6 AM
    62 °
  • 7 AM
    63 °
  • 8 AM
    64 °
  • 9 AM
    65 °
  • 10 AM
    66 °
  • 11 AM
    66 °
  • 12 PM
    67 °
  • 1 PM
    69 °
  • 2 PM
    70 °
  • 3 PM
    71 °
  • 4 PM
    71 °
  • 5 PM
    71 °
  • 6 PM
    71 °
  • 7 PM
    68 °
  • 8 PM
    66 °
  • 9 PM
    65 °
  • 10 PM
    64 °
  • 11 PM
    64 °
  • 12 AM
    63 °
  • 1 AM
    63 °
  • 2 AM
    63 °
  • 3 AM
    63 °
  • 4 AM
    62 °
April 27
72°/ 59°
Moderate rain
April 28
70°/ 62°
Moderate rain
April 29
67°/ 57°
Patchy rain nearby

Column: Doja Cat’s damnation

Doja Cat has fallen. Not just from grace of the public eye, but into the depths of hell!

She was once the beloved “Say So” creator, but it seems as though she has become a completely different person. With her new album “Scarlet,” she has leaned into her other side: the devil. Doja Cat has gone full “Conjuring” mode on us. If only we could pinpoint the exact moment when her persona transformed.

Well, it turns out we can.

Masquerade-ball sex orgy.

What is “masquerade-ball sex orgy,” you may rightfully be wondering. Well, it was the theme of her 27th birthday party. To be more exact, her theme was “Eyes Wide Shut,” mimicking the infamous scene in the film.

If you haven’t seen it, the 1999 film depicts a secret society whose members get away with crimes and perform rituals. The ritual they perform is, well… THAT.

At her party, Doja Cat had a cake with an Illuminati symbol on it. Everyone in the party was dressed in elaborate clothes with masks reminiscent of an elite society costume ball. If you didn’t know, the Illuminati is a group of societal elites who, allegedly,  control the world.

Is this party a way of hiding in plain sight? Is Doja Cat openly admitting to joining an elite society but we are just too gullible to realize?

While the Illuminati symbol on the cake could just be a nod to the film, could it symbolize her union with this group, and the beginning of her journey to becoming the new Doja Cat?

One of the most notable things we saw after that February party was at the Met Gala in May. Doja Cat dressed as a cat, and during interviews she only meowed which is… unsettling, to say the least. This was a major change for how she acted; we never saw anything like this from her prior to this.

Flashforward to her newest album, “Scarlet,” Doja Cat’s persona drastically changes. Her main colors used to be pink and purple, but now? Black. She parades around as a devil. Her music has transformed from a softer sound to an edgier pop-rap. By choice? Maybe. Or maybe this is the works of the Illuminati.

All of this is really just a long drawn-out way of saying that her new album sucks, and she needs to go back to what works.

Prior to its release she tried claiming that it will be “predominantly rap.” But it isn’t. It’s still pop-rap and it’s predominantly bad.

It does help me sleep better at night thinking she is being controlled by the Illuminati rather than thinking she consiously made these changes to her brand on her own, because I believe we are witnessing the downfall of Doja Cat in real time.

However, if there isn’t a column next month, that likely means that the Illuminati has killed me.