Bullet Journaling: a blank canvas

Niko Black, Correspondent

An artsy trend common among teens and adults alike has made its way to Naperville Central. Bullet Journal Club, or bujo, for short, is a new club open to all students.

You’ve probably noticed people posting pictures of bullet journals covered in art and stickers on social media. Bullet journals are extremely customizable books. They can be used as planners, canvases, mood trackers, and just about anything you can think of.

“The bullet journal is a potato because it’s so simple, and you can customize it into anything you want,” senior and co-founder Emily Lin said. “Make it into french fries, whatever it is that suits your needs.” 

Bujo Club was introduced by senior Cora Carr, who asked Lin to help her create it. Lin, an avid artist, jumped at the offer. 

For Lin, bullet journaling serves two purposes.

“It’s creative, and it’s also practical,” she said.

That means for us less artistically inclined people, a bujo can be very helpful.

Some students may find themselves asking about the investments required to start bullet journaling.

“All you actually really need to start is a journal and a pen,” Lin said. If you can’t do that, Bujo Club does provide pens and other supplies to be used at meetings. 

Freshman Emerson Jarrell, a first time bullet journaler, has been at every meeting since she heard about it during LINK. The creative, do-it-yourself nature and calming attributes of a bujo drove her to join. 

“I think it relieves stress, but it’s also fun; it makes you organized,” Jarrell said.

Bujo Club meets Thursday mornings in Room 313. All are welcome, regardless of skill or experience.