• December 6JKB gift card collection for Ronald McDonald House. Drop off during lunches on Tues. & Thurs. in café or rm 203.

• December 6Link Leader yearbook photos on Wed, Dec. 7th during your lunch. Meet by the attendance office.

• December 6Netflix Club will meet Thurs. after school in rm. 42 to watch Disney movies.

• December 6JSA a political debate club meets on Thursdays after school in room 236.

• December 6There will be a girls softball informational meeting Tuesday at 7:20am in room 301.

• December 6There will be a yearbook informational meeting in room 216 Tuesday before OR after school in rm 216.

• December 6Senior Panoramic Photo Wed, Dec. 14th 2nd hour in main gym. Order forms available next week at senior exits & Activities.

• December 6Spring Musical, the Addams Family, auditions & informational workshop on Mon, Dec.12th in the choir room from 3:30-4pm.

• December 6Truth Seekers meets Friday after school in room 207. This is wild card Friday, so bring your own topic.

• December 6Theatre Central will meet this Wednesday after school in the auditorium.

• December 6GEMS will meet Thursday after school in rm. 34. Ms. Eier will talk about engineering at Molex.

• December 6Freshman, join your Link Leaders' “Cocoa & Cram” sessions on Thurs. & next Tues. Meet outside of rm 100.

• December 6Join Mickey Mouse Club before school thru Wednesday in rm. 221 to watch Lilo and Stitch.

• December 6Spanish Club will watch Elf on Tuesday after school in room 102. Bring a snack to share.

• December 6NCHS Show Choir Audition Workshops will be Friday, Dec. 16th 3:30-6pm and Monday, Dec. 19th 3:30-5pm in the Choir Room.

• December 5Holiday Spirit Week – 12th-16th, Mon: Pj Day, Tues: White Out, Wed: Tacky Sweater Day, Thurs: Scarf & Socks, Fri: Candy Cane Day

• December 5TC presents Junie B. Jones in “Jingle Bells Batman Smells” Thurs. 7:30pm and Fri. and Sat. at 8pm. Tickets $5.00 each.

• December 5Holiday Toy Drive ends Dec. 13th. Drop off new toys valued at $10 - $20 in Activities, Main Office, or the Leaning Commons.

‘The Addams Family’ spring musical reflects original comic strips, debuts Friday

Ana Turner, Staff Writer

The spring musical, “The Addams Family,” will premier on Friday, April 21, and continues throughout the weekend. Cast members have been working for four months on the production to showcase their work.

“[Based on the TV show,] people have a preconceived notion of who Gomez Addams is or Morticia Addams is so you have to give them what they expect, but then there is the challenge of bringing something fresh to it,” Michael Doman, the Communication Arts instruction coordinator and the show’s drama director said.

Production of the spring musical began in the first week of January starting with tryouts. The tryouts for the production consisted of the students participating in two audition workshops where they were introduced to the characters in the play. Then the students selected songs to perform in the style of an Addams family character while showing their range.

On the day of the actual audition, students came prepared to sing their assigned song, read from the script and perform a dancing number.

After the cast was selected, practice began. Practice takes place almost every day, with different scenes being practiced each day. Outside of school, cast members spend several hours preparing for their roles. On top of this, most of the cast is involved with theater, dance or choir.

Leading up to the day of the musical, practices start to become more of a challenge.

“The week leading up to the show is tech week, which is super crazy,” said Lars Johnson, a senior who plays Gomez Addams, said. “This is the week where we start to run the musical fully on the stage with the set and in costume.”

After tech week, the show premiers. Sophomore Ethan Smith, who also plays Gomez Addams, describes what it is like the day of the show.

“I would definitely say the nervous energy that everyone is giving off feeds into the show,” Smith said. “You never want a cast that’s too comfortable with itself, so the day of is very jittery and exciting.”

“The Addams Family” premiers Friday, April 21, at 7:30 p.m. in the auditorium followed by a 2:30 p.m.  and 7:30 p.m. showing on Saturday, and a final performance at 2:30 p.m. on Sunday.