Central welcomes new staff members for 22-23 school year

William Marshal

Courtesy of HawkTV

William Marshal

Ziad Elbego, Staff Writer

Q: What’s your name?

A: William Marshal

Q: What’s your position here at Central? 

A: This year, I will be teaching Biology and subbing throughout the building as well.

Q: What do you do at Central as a sub? 

A: It’s not always daily, but it’s if one teacher has a meeting to go to or something like that. It’ll mostly be in the science rooms so that science can continue, because it’s a lot easier for a science teacher to have a science teacher [as a] sub. So [I sub] as it’s needed, it’s not an everyday thing, but it’s pretty frequent.

Q: Why did you come to Central? 

A: I’ve heard really good things about it from everybody. Mrs. Richard and I are also really close friends, so she advocated for me to work here because it’s such an awesome school. I know a lot about the reputation of Central- I knew about Naperville when I was in high school. It’s definitely a great place to be and I’m excited to start and continue my career.

Q: What did you do before coming to Central? 

A: I taught last year at Burlington Central High School, and I was teaching Biology, Chemistry and Earth Science. And then the year before that, I was in school at the University of Wisconsin- Milwaukee. I finished up my degree in science education there, learned a lot, and [I’m] excited to be here to implement all that knowledge.

Q: What hobbies are you involved in? 

A: Outside of school I’m also a part time bicycle mechanic. [I can] fix bikes, I can sell bikes. It’s a lot of fun to have a break from school, as much as I love it. But to have a different kind of thing to do during the day is really great. I exercise at Orangetheory fitness, and that kind of keeps me in shape.

Q: What communities are you involved in or hope to be involved in at Central? 

A: I’m interested in being the assistant bass fishing coach with Mr. Brown. I saw that come across my screen last week, [and it] sounds really cool. I just enjoy fishing here and there when I can. I don’t have my own equipment yet, but maybe as an assistant coach I could. I didn’t know there was an actual sanctioned team either, which is really kind of neat. I’ve talked to Mrs. Nolan about the pep band. I played trumpet in college so it’d be fun to advise that. [I’d like to] get plugged in there and [then] see what else I can be a part of.