Redhawks of the Week: Sophomore Harry Hallstrom

Brianna Reilly, Staff Writer

Sophomore Harry Hallstrom is one of the week’s Redhawk of the Week. His favorite quote by Walt Disney expresses his positive nature. Hallstrom is on the basketball and baseball team hoping to continue sports in his future.

HARRY
Sophomore Harry Hallstrom sports his baseball uniform at a Notre Dame game.

Q: What are your post high school plans?

A: After high school, I would like to go into some sort of sports management, and later go into training athletes.

Q: How do you fit into the NCHS community? What activities are you involved in and what do you contribute inside and outside of the classroom?

A: I’m involved in basketball and baseball and no clubs currently. I try to help others who are struggling in classes that I can help them with.

Q: What are you most proud of?

A: I am proud that I was able to convince my parents into letting me get my license a couple months after I had turned 16.

Q: What is your life dream?

A: My life dream is to play baseball or basketball in college and be able to come out of college with a good job and one that I will like so I will be happier later in life.

Q: What is something about you that you would like other Redhawks to know about?

A: I enjoy helping others with tasks that are challenging and fun to do.

Q: Favorite high school memory?

A: My favorite high school moment would have to be when we beat Naperville North by 10 in basketball on there own court.

Q: Favorite joke or quote?

A: “We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” – Walt Disney

Q: What is something you can’t live without?

A: Something that I could not live without would have to be my parents because they are always there for me even if we don’t agree with each other.

Q: What are three adjectives you would use to describe yourself?

A: Three adjectives that describe myself are respectful, amusing, and cheerful.

Q: If your life were a movie, what would be the title?

A: If my life was a movie the title would have to be “The Adventures of Harry J. Hallstrom.”

Q: Who is your biggest hero or role model and why?

A: My role model in life would have to be my great uncle Hootie who had played Major League Baseball with the New York Yankees.

Q: What is the motto you live your life by?

A: The motto that I live my life by is that “you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.”