Redhawks of the Week: Sophomore Kristen Riedinger

Sharon Pan, Opinions Editor

As a staff, the Central Times strives to recognize the accomplishments, talents, personalities, ambitions and dreams of the diverse student body. Each week, the Central Times will interview an outstanding Central student from each grade level and then feature these students on our website, centraltimes.org, as Redhawks of the Week. These studentsare nominated by their peers. If you wish to nominate an outstanding Central student for Redhawks of the Week, please tweet the student’s name and grade to @centraltimes, message the Central Times on Facebook, or submit your nomination during school to Room 218, the Central Times office.  

Kristen Riedinger
Sophomore Kristen Riedinger believes she is “curious, talkative and funny.” Although shy around people, Riedinger is still involved in many activities including  Rotary Club, JSA and Sophomore Class Council.

1. What are your post high school plans? 

Go to college. I’m not sure where I’ll go or what I’ll major in, but I know I’m going to go.

2. How do you fit into the NCHS community? What activities are you involved in and what do you contribute inside and outside of the classroom? 

I’m not one of those people who know everyone but I’ve met plenty of new people since coming to NCHS and I think it’s a great environment. I participate in a few extracurricular activities, like Rotary Club, JSA, and Sophomore Class Council.

3. What are you most proud of? 

I haven’t done anything really spectacular but whenever I put a lot of effort into something, I tend to be proud of the result.

4. What is your life dream? 

To help people who need it and make a difference.

5. What is something about you that you would like other Redhawks to know about you?

I tend to be a bit shy when I’m around a bunch of strangers but when I’m with my friends I’m way more loud and outgoing.

6. Favorite high school memory?

The flood days. There was basically a waist-deep lake that formed behind my house, so my friends and I pulled out a raft and decided to attempt rafting.

7. Favorite joke or quote

“Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” ~Dr. Seuss

8. What is something you can’t live without?

Laughter.

9. What are three adjectives you would use to describe yourself?

Curious, talkative, friendly.

10. If your life were a movie, what would be the title?

“The Not-So-Secret Life of Kristen Riedinger”

11. Who is your biggest hero or role model?

My friend Kristine is such a good role model. She is a hard worker and she’s also a really friendly and involved person. I think being around her a lot is helping me to become more motivated and outgoing.

12. What is a motto you live your life by?

I try to follow the quote, “Live well, laugh often, and love much”