• December 6JKB gift card collection for Ronald McDonald House. Drop off during lunches on Tues. & Thurs. in café or rm 203.

• December 6Link Leader yearbook photos on Wed, Dec. 7th during your lunch. Meet by the attendance office.

• December 6Netflix Club will meet Thurs. after school in rm. 42 to watch Disney movies.

• December 6JSA a political debate club meets on Thursdays after school in room 236.

• December 6There will be a girls softball informational meeting Tuesday at 7:20am in room 301.

• December 6There will be a yearbook informational meeting in room 216 Tuesday before OR after school in rm 216.

• December 6Senior Panoramic Photo Wed, Dec. 14th 2nd hour in main gym. Order forms available next week at senior exits & Activities.

• December 6Spring Musical, the Addams Family, auditions & informational workshop on Mon, Dec.12th in the choir room from 3:30-4pm.

• December 6Truth Seekers meets Friday after school in room 207. This is wild card Friday, so bring your own topic.

• December 6Theatre Central will meet this Wednesday after school in the auditorium.

• December 6GEMS will meet Thursday after school in rm. 34. Ms. Eier will talk about engineering at Molex.

• December 6Freshman, join your Link Leaders' “Cocoa & Cram” sessions on Thurs. & next Tues. Meet outside of rm 100.

• December 6Join Mickey Mouse Club before school thru Wednesday in rm. 221 to watch Lilo and Stitch.

• December 6Spanish Club will watch Elf on Tuesday after school in room 102. Bring a snack to share.

• December 6NCHS Show Choir Audition Workshops will be Friday, Dec. 16th 3:30-6pm and Monday, Dec. 19th 3:30-5pm in the Choir Room.

• December 5Holiday Spirit Week – 12th-16th, Mon: Pj Day, Tues: White Out, Wed: Tacky Sweater Day, Thurs: Scarf & Socks, Fri: Candy Cane Day

• December 5TC presents Junie B. Jones in “Jingle Bells Batman Smells” Thurs. 7:30pm and Fri. and Sat. at 8pm. Tickets $5.00 each.

• December 5Holiday Toy Drive ends Dec. 13th. Drop off new toys valued at $10 - $20 in Activities, Main Office, or the Leaning Commons.

Fantastic future for freshmen boys’ swimming

Mark Kim, Community Editor

The freshman boys’ swimming team took first at the Hinsdale Central Invite on Jan. 5, beating out some of the top competition in the state such as New Trier and Barrington.
“All of the best freshman went, to and we had some relays that placed well and individual swims that won their events,” said freshman Scott Piper.
The swim team made a big statement for the future of their program after winning this invite.
“[This meet shows the] state’s top contenders for the future, in the next two, three or four years,” said assistant swim coach Chris Hagenbaumer. “If they continue working, then their outlook at the end of the three to four years can be amazing.”
Head swim coach Mike Adams doesn’t want the team to get too excited about the win.
“I’m not going to be here predicting that we are going to do this or that,” said Adams. “Putting pressure is the worst thing you can do.”
Adams says that the only way the team will reach their potential is through their work during the off-season.
“If they can come in, in-shape, ready to go, then all things are possible,” Adams said.
Luckily for Adams, his swimmers are putting in work during the off-season.
“Most of us are on the Mavericks team and that’s a year round swim program,” Piper said
Work during the season will also improve the team.
“We’re just going to keep pushing ourselves harder in practice,” said freshman Ryan Lehane.
Some freshman are moving on to compete for the varsity team after their season.
“[Among the freshman] me, Nick Walker, and Eric Gerlach are on the sectionals team,” Piper said.
The team needs to continue to work hard in order to reach their goal to become state champions in the future.
“In our state right now the competition is unbelievable at all levels,” said Adams. “We really need to giddy up and go, even in the off-season.”