Central percussionists host annual Drumshow: ‘Evolution’

Navya Bellamkonda, Staff Writer

The air is abuzz with excitement as the Naperville Central Percussion Ensemble prepares for its annual Drumshow this week. Drumshow is an even featuring Central percussionists playing unique music in varied styles and includes innovative technique and instruments.This year’s Drumshow is titled  Evolution and incorporates the theme of change in their music.

For the first time in a long time that the Drumshow has a new director, Tim Berg, the new percussion director at Central, meaning this year’s Drumshow could have a unique touch that has never been seen before.

The 2017 show features music that has been in pop culture and can be credited to celebrities, cinema and more. Berg has included vocalists this year to enhance the percussion and more accurately portray some of the music and bring a new twist to the show.

The energy coming from the drummers is palpable during this high energy performance that draws the audience into the world of intense and enjoyable music. This is truly a unique experience that cannot be imitated and embraces Central’s spirit of determination and creativity.

Anyone can be truly awestruck by students performing at the level of professional. This event is considered one of Northern Illinois’s premier high school percussion ensemble’s performance and it is really a show not to miss.

Shows are on Friday April 7 and Saturday April 8. Tickets can be purchased during lunch periods or online.

The cast and director of Drumshow 2017 hope to see you and your family there to appreciate and support Naperville Central’s musicians.