• December 6JKB gift card collection for Ronald McDonald House. Drop off during lunches on Tues. & Thurs. in café or rm 203.

• December 6Link Leader yearbook photos on Wed, Dec. 7th during your lunch. Meet by the attendance office.

• December 6Netflix Club will meet Thurs. after school in rm. 42 to watch Disney movies.

• December 6JSA a political debate club meets on Thursdays after school in room 236.

• December 6There will be a girls softball informational meeting Tuesday at 7:20am in room 301.

• December 6There will be a yearbook informational meeting in room 216 Tuesday before OR after school in rm 216.

• December 6Senior Panoramic Photo Wed, Dec. 14th 2nd hour in main gym. Order forms available next week at senior exits & Activities.

• December 6Spring Musical, the Addams Family, auditions & informational workshop on Mon, Dec.12th in the choir room from 3:30-4pm.

• December 6Truth Seekers meets Friday after school in room 207. This is wild card Friday, so bring your own topic.

• December 6Theatre Central will meet this Wednesday after school in the auditorium.

• December 6GEMS will meet Thursday after school in rm. 34. Ms. Eier will talk about engineering at Molex.

• December 6Freshman, join your Link Leaders' “Cocoa & Cram” sessions on Thurs. & next Tues. Meet outside of rm 100.

• December 6Join Mickey Mouse Club before school thru Wednesday in rm. 221 to watch Lilo and Stitch.

• December 6Spanish Club will watch Elf on Tuesday after school in room 102. Bring a snack to share.

• December 6NCHS Show Choir Audition Workshops will be Friday, Dec. 16th 3:30-6pm and Monday, Dec. 19th 3:30-5pm in the Choir Room.

• December 5Holiday Spirit Week – 12th-16th, Mon: Pj Day, Tues: White Out, Wed: Tacky Sweater Day, Thurs: Scarf & Socks, Fri: Candy Cane Day

• December 5TC presents Junie B. Jones in “Jingle Bells Batman Smells” Thurs. 7:30pm and Fri. and Sat. at 8pm. Tickets $5.00 each.

• December 5Holiday Toy Drive ends Dec. 13th. Drop off new toys valued at $10 - $20 in Activities, Main Office, or the Leaning Commons.

Movieday Tuesdays: 11/01/16 – 11/07/16

Blake Preston, Staff Writer

Movieday Tuesdays is a weekly blog on cinema news written by Blake Preston. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of the Central Times.

Image source: imbd.com

Image source: imbd.com

1. Big Hero 6 Makes A Return On The Small Screen

One of the biggest hits of 2014 was Big Hero 6, a Disney animated film. Many have been anticipating its sequel. It was financially a hit, and beloved by critics and fans, so where is the sequel? It’s coming to TV! Disney XD will be producing the sequel television series. All original cast are said to be returning and it will be coming by 2017. The fan reaction hasn’t been hugely positive or negative but my prediction is that it will be a bit more mature than regular Disney shows. Disney XD is known for showing content for older audiences.

Photo from wikipedia.org

Photo from wikipedia.org

2. Deadpool 2 Loses Its Composer Junkie XL

Junkie XL, music composer for Deadpool, has left the sequel. He was going to compose the music score like he did for the first film but has decided not to. He said in a lengthy statement:

“It is with a heavy heart that I have decided not to score the upcoming Deadpool Movie. I love this character and creating his and the movie’s original score was a monumental chapter in my life, personally and professionally.

Since it was revealed that Deadpool’s brilliant creative director Tim Miller will not be involved in the project anymore, I have undertaken some soul searching. Tim was the driving force behind Deadpool and me getting involved in this amazing project. Deadpool without Tim at the helm just does not sit right with me and that is why I have decided not to be involved in the second chapter.

It was a difficult decision, as I love the project so much and I know how eagerly the next installment will be anticipated, it’s hard to walk away from something so unique, but it also has to feel right.

Hope everyone understands. Onward and upward.”

Tim Miller directed the first Deadpool film and was going to direct the sequel but left less than a week ago due to creative differences. But I still think the movie has a good chance. Ryan Reynolds and the writers, and all the rest of the crew are still on the project so I have confidence in it.

Image from stephenking.com

3. Stephen King’s The Dark Tower Postponed

One of my most anticipated movies of next year, The Dark Tower, has been pushed from February 17th, to the Summer of 2017. June 28th to be exact. The reason is due to post-production taking longer than expected. Sony (they’re producing the movie) thought it would be done by February but apparently not. So to save money they instead gave the creators more time and pushed the release date. I have high hopes for this movie. Based off a Stephen King series and starring Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey, I think it has a ton of potential to be a big hit.

Photo from wikipedia.org

Photo from wikipedia.org

4. Dr. Strange Makes $85 Million In First Weekend

Dr. Strange was going to be a hit no matter what. Star power, Marvel branding and a good marketing campaign all were leading it to be a hit. It had an opening weekend of $85 million in just the USA. I was predicting it would make $70-75 million in its first weekend, but good reception has promoted it and it exceeded my expectations financially. And with the good reception I imagine it’ll remain in the number 1 spot in American theaters until Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them is released. For my thoughts on the movie itself, I do have a review on the site in the Entertainment section.

Photo from flickr.com

Photo from flickr.com

5. Quentin Tarantino To Retire After Two More Films

He’s said it a few times in his career but Tarantino (known for Pulp Fiction, DJango Unchained, and The Hateful Eight) seems to have decided for sure to retire after his 10th film. As of now, he’s made 8 theatrical releases (Hateful Eight being the most recent) and he’s currently creating his next project. He’s one of Hollywood’s best directors and I await to see what his final two films will be. Personally, I would love to finally see Kill Bill Vol. 3, a movie he has promised and has talked about before.