• December 6JKB gift card collection for Ronald McDonald House. Drop off during lunches on Tues. & Thurs. in café or rm 203.

• December 6Link Leader yearbook photos on Wed, Dec. 7th during your lunch. Meet by the attendance office.

• December 6Netflix Club will meet Thurs. after school in rm. 42 to watch Disney movies.

• December 6JSA a political debate club meets on Thursdays after school in room 236.

• December 6There will be a girls softball informational meeting Tuesday at 7:20am in room 301.

• December 6There will be a yearbook informational meeting in room 216 Tuesday before OR after school in rm 216.

• December 6Senior Panoramic Photo Wed, Dec. 14th 2nd hour in main gym. Order forms available next week at senior exits & Activities.

• December 6Spring Musical, the Addams Family, auditions & informational workshop on Mon, Dec.12th in the choir room from 3:30-4pm.

• December 6Truth Seekers meets Friday after school in room 207. This is wild card Friday, so bring your own topic.

• December 6Theatre Central will meet this Wednesday after school in the auditorium.

• December 6GEMS will meet Thursday after school in rm. 34. Ms. Eier will talk about engineering at Molex.

• December 6Freshman, join your Link Leaders' “Cocoa & Cram” sessions on Thurs. & next Tues. Meet outside of rm 100.

• December 6Join Mickey Mouse Club before school thru Wednesday in rm. 221 to watch Lilo and Stitch.

• December 6Spanish Club will watch Elf on Tuesday after school in room 102. Bring a snack to share.

• December 6NCHS Show Choir Audition Workshops will be Friday, Dec. 16th 3:30-6pm and Monday, Dec. 19th 3:30-5pm in the Choir Room.

• December 5Holiday Spirit Week – 12th-16th, Mon: Pj Day, Tues: White Out, Wed: Tacky Sweater Day, Thurs: Scarf & Socks, Fri: Candy Cane Day

• December 5TC presents Junie B. Jones in “Jingle Bells Batman Smells” Thurs. 7:30pm and Fri. and Sat. at 8pm. Tickets $5.00 each.

• December 5Holiday Toy Drive ends Dec. 13th. Drop off new toys valued at $10 - $20 in Activities, Main Office, or the Leaning Commons.

Movieday Tuesdays 11/29/16 – 12/5/16

Blake Preston, Staff Writer

Movieday Tuesday is a weekly blog on cinema news written by Blake Preston. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of the Central Times.

Photo from Wikipedia.org

1. Amy Schumer Is Barbie!

This was a weirder piece of news. Apparently, Sony is developing a live action Barbie film and has casted Amy Schumer as Barbie herself. The film is reportedly going to be a commentary and poke fun at the whole idea of Barbie and the “perfect woman” idea. I had no idea this was in development. I’m actually interested in this film considering the fact that it’s something I wasn’t even in the know of.

Image from DC Comics, DC Entertainment, and Warner Bros

2. Aquaman Pushed Back

I’m one of the half dozen Aquaman fans on this planet who actually cares about this, but my blog, my posts! The Aquaman film has moved from July of 2018, to October of 2018. Not a huge shift, but interesting that the shift is only a few months. Maybe it’s weather conditions they changed it for. Film companies have an idea as to when a cold or rainy or hot season is coming and maybe they want a specific season look for the film.

3. Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 & The Mummy Trailers
Guardians Of The Galaxy was an unexpected hit of 2014 and its sequel is Marvel’s next film. It’s trailer just released and it looks as weird and funny as the first. An interesting thing of note though is not anything in the trailer, but how it was made. The director said he purposefully had them use only footage from the first half of the film in order to keep people in more mystery about the plot. I think that’s really clever and it’s a good idea. Don’t reveal the plot of the film in the trailer, just tease some fun and action and people will come.
The Mummy, due out next year also got its first trailer. It’s a remake of the The Mummy starring Brendan Fraser which came out near a decade and a half ago. It’s supposed to be the first film in a series of monster themed movie universe. I like the idea of a shared monster movieverse, but this is Universal’s third attempt at this idea in a decade. They tried doing it with Dracula Untold, and I Frankenstein. The latter known for being comically bad. I hope it does well but it’s going to be hard to beat the Brendan Fraser film.

4. TRANSFORMERS 5 TRAILER
Yeah, that was all caps. Because this trailer basically yelled me out of sleep. As I’m writing this, the trailer for Transformers: The Last Knight just came out. I’ve watched it twice. Not out of fear of missing something, but just from how cool it was. None of the Transformer movies, are good. BUT. I still kinda love them. Its nostalgic for me considering that I grew up with the toys and the first film came out when I was around 7 or 8.
Just a few highlights on the trailer. Nazis. Unicron. And something that made me actually yell out: evil Optimus Prime. But something of actual interest is how secretive they’ve been over this film. No real plot has been given out about the movie and this trailer doesn’t reveal anything either. But all the films have a history of doing that. They show off the action and special effects, and never the plot or characters. And why is that? Because it never matters, and it’s never good. No matter how bad this movie is, it’ll make an enormous sum. Will it be good? I doubt it. But I will at least get to nerd out and see giant robots punch and shoot. I’m easy to please.